Complaints Procedure

Please send details of your complaint directly to Paula Jacobs by email¬† or Debbie Jacobs Alternatively you can send a letter to the following address:  
Gary Jacobs & Co Ltd
41 Jhumat House
160 London Road
IG11 8BB  

If you are unable to email or send a letter, you can contact us by telephone to register your complaint or attend the office in person and provide us with details of your concerns. Having made your complaint, you will receive an initial acknowledgement as to the concerns you have raised along with an estimated timescale as to when we anticipate sending our substantive response (within 8 weeks from the date the complaint was received). Your complaint will be investigated by Paula Jacobs, the Practice Manager, however if your complaint is about Paula Jacobs, the complaint will be investigated by the Director, Deborah Jacobs. What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them. Contact details Visit: Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00. Email: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.